Vision, Mission, Strategies
Promote excellence in finance in the healthcare sector of British Columbia.
To provide networking and current education to financial professionals working in the healthcare sector of British Columbia.
Strategies to achieve the Society's vision and mission:
- To promote and facilitate education, professional development and exchange of current ideas and information among health care accounting professionals in British Columbia;
- To promote and facilitate interaction, cooperation and team work with other health authorities, health care providers, organizations, associations and professionals for the carrying out of mutual aims and objectives and the resolution of mutual problems;
- To promote and provide excellence in financial management in the health care industry in British Columbia;
- To foster efficient, effective and current accounting procedures and to encourage the achievement of maximum cost efficiency in the delivery of quality health care services in British Columbia;
- To positively influence current public policy with respect to health care financing and financial management in British Columbia;
- To perform such other lawful things as are incidental or conducive to the above purposes and to the welfare of health care.
The major activity of the Society is the annual fall conference that brings together members from across the Province for education and networking responsibilities.